We are delighted to be reopening our two outdoor tennis venues, Broadwood tennis courts and Wishaw tennis courts from Monday 8th of June. Bookings will open from Saturday 6th June and can be made by calling 01698 640800. Please note that at this stage, it will only be the courts that will reopen the other venue facilities such as toilets and reception will remain closed.
Online and app bookings will be available from 8th of June.
Please be aware that there will be a number of safety measures and new operational measures introduced. Please read the article below on how tennis will operate over the coming weeks and months.
The health and safety of our customers underlines everything we do. We believe allowing tennis players to enjoy a game in a safe environment provides the mental and physical health benefits to improve their wellbeing.
We respectfully ask that customers only use the courts for tennis only and not for any other sports or activities.
This practical guide is based on the guidance published by the LTA and in conjunction with Tennis Scotland’s support package for the “Return to Tennis”, and guidance from LTA outlines the robust, monitored measures C&LNL will be implementing to safeguard our members, customers and staff during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The measures set out within this guide aims to cover each step of the tennis players journey from the home to the court and back home again.
Our measures and procedures will be under constant review and will be updated as advice from Government, Health Authorities and Governing Bodies evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions.
North Lanarkshire Leisure has adapted its procedures to ensure compliance with government restrictions. The following aspects of the tennis players experience has been divided into the following categories:
- Court Access
- Price List
- Conditions of Play
- Arrival & Waiting
- On the Court
- Getting Home Safely
- Ensuring the Safety of our Staff
Both Broadwood tennis courts and Wishaw tennis courts will reopen on Monday 8th June 2020 at 11:00am. Only the tennis courts will be open during this initial reopening phase. Currently they will be no access to toilets, showers, reception or changing facilities.
Access to the courts will be limited to our staff and pre-booked tennis courts only. Every customer/court must be prepaid and booked either as a C&LNL ‘tennis membership booking’ or ‘pay-as-you-play’ before entering the court. In line with the government restrictions, anyone else will be asked to leave.
To access the court, a player must:
- Have an active tennis membership or prepaid pay-as-you-play,
- Not otherwise be required to be self-isolating.
- Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- Have a pre-booked court
- Do not enter court until booking start time.
- Leave court at end of booking.(10 minutes buffer period between bookings)
These playing conditions are non-negotiable.
The recent unprecedented situation has resulted in a reduced work force and difficult working conditions. As a result we have made the decision to review the tennis processes and align them across NL Leisure’s two outdoor tennis venues. We will now operate a one price court hire with no off peak or peak price. This updated price is a reflection of the current situation and will be reviewed on a monthly basis. We ask that you respect the staff at all times as they work hard under difficult circumstances.
*Please note that we anticipate a high volume of calls and we only have a limited work force due to the current situation so please bear with us and respect our team.
Annual and Direct Debit
|Membership Type||Price Level||Price|
|Tennis Annual Subscription||Adult||£154.50|
|Tennis Annual Subscription||Junior||£77.25|
|Tennis Annual Subscription||Over 65/Student||£77.25|
|Tennis Direct Debit||Adult||£15.45|
|Tennis Direct Debit||Junior||£7.75|
|Tennis Direct Debit||Over 65/Student||£7.75|
*Please note, if you have a direct debit for Tennis that you didn’t cancel you don’t need to re-register and we will be in touch directly soon.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- As per the guidelines set out by the Scottish Government and Scottish Tennis, only travel to the courts if you are within the 5 mile radius.
- Players must bring their own equipment, racquets and balls will not be available for purchase or hire at the venue.
- Tennis memberships can be purchased online using the NLL App or by visiting www.nlleisure.co.uk. From Monday 8th of June.
- Alternatively, calling the dedicated tennis booking line on 01698 640800 between 09:30 and 14:00 each day.
- Booking a court and pre paying via NL App or by calling the dedicated tennis booking line in advance is compulsory, no walk up tennis bookings is allowed. The booking line will be opened from Saturday 6th June 2020
- Tennis courts will be available between 9am-9pm Mon-Fri and 9am-5pm Sat/Sun
- Social Tennis only. There will be no competitive tennis until guidance from the Dept of Social, Culture, Media and Sport allows this to commence.
- Only Singles matches are permitted
- There will be a minimum of 10 minute intervals between bookings.
- Arrival at the courts no more than 15 minutes prior to reserve booking time, if the customer arrives before this time please stay in your car.
- Customers should travel to the venue alone, or with a member of the same household.
It is important that tennis customers use our online system, read and follow these guidelines on the booking process carefully. There’s also a help section that will guide you through the process.
Incorrect bookings may lead to a delayed or cancelled start time. If you do make an incorrect booking please make sure that you cancel this through my bookings. Tennis members should use their own unique membership number when booking.
If you will NOT be attending it is important that you cancel your slot in my bookings as soon as possible. We anticipate high demand and ask all of our players to make sure that they do not prevent others from booking by holding unnecessary bookings.
Arrival and waiting to play
Ample car parking spaces are available and court time restrictions will help ensure social distancing.
Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to meet with others.
Toilets are closed to the public and tennis customers
Tennis customers should make myself aware of new safe access routes to the courts and how to exit after their allocated booked time has finished.
Players must call or email the North Lanarkshire Leisure with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity.
Ensuring the Safety of our staff
The front of house NL Leisure team will initially manage all customer-facing aspects of the tennis courts. Our measures are to ensure their safety, along with our customers.
- There will be one staff member present at the start and end of the booking managing the flow of bookings on the courts.
- Staff will provided with the appropriate PPE to wear on-site.
- Staff are aware of importance to hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning solutions provided for use.
- Staff always remain at least two metres from customers.
- All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly
Please respect our staff and help keep them safe by observing social distancing guidelines at all times. Without our staff, we would have no tennis.