Sport Development Update
SPORT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 19 NOVEMBER
All Sports Development classes will stop from 6pm on Friday. As a result of these restrictions, combined with NL Leisure Christmas closures, no sport development classes will resume again until the week beginning 11th January.
(Please note jogscotland will be the only exception and will continue as normal.)
All relevant direct debits will be frozen to reflect, customers don’t need to do anything.
The Sport Development team would like to wish all participants and members a fantastic Christmas and New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back in January!
If you have any further questions regarding these classes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NLL SERVICE UPDATE - 30 OCTOBER
Under 18 sport development kids classes will operate as normal during this period. Please note that some social distancing restrictions will apply for indoor sports for 12-18 year old children.
Over 50’s Walking Football will not be permitted to operate at this time.
Singles Badminton and Tennis and also Golf will remain unaffected providing all participants continue to follow the current Scottish Government social distance and guidance. If you need further guidance or support on this please email email@example.com
We will update our website and social media channels with all the latest news so please check in regularly.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Sport Development Programmes/Classes
We are delighted to announce that most of our Sport Development programmes and classes will be opening from Monday 14 September. We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back and have been working very hard in the background with all partners and National Governing Body's to ensure all relevant safety measures and procedures are in place and in line with the most up to date government advice.
Please note we are not taking new participants for the classes until 21st September. Call the team on the number below from this date onwards.
Please be aware that when entering our venues everyone must be wearing a face mask until they reach their session/destination within the venue. In addition, a mask must be worn when leaving your session and the venue and when you are in any common or public areas.
For any general enquires please call 01236 341969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some classes have been moved to a different venue as some venues remain closed due to a phased approach to opening. If your child's sport class has not been moved and is not able to resume, your direct debit will remain frozen for now and one of our Sport Development Officers will be in touch to offer alternative options for your child to return to their sport.
All classes can be found in the Sport section of the website under Coaching & Lessons.
If your child's class has been moved to a different venue, one of the Sport Development Officers will be in touch to confirm where the class is now taking place.
Sport Developments Procedures – Returning Safely to Sport
1. 18months – 3 year old classes:
Strictly only 1 parent/guardian can attend sessions.
Indoor Sessions – Parents/Guardians must wear face covering to the class and should adhere to Scottish Government social distancing guidelines.
Outdoor Sessions – Parents/Guardians must follow social distancing guidelines.
2. 3 - 16 years sessions:
Indoor Sessions - Parents/Guardians should wait outside the venue in a social distancing queue, a coach will come out and take all participants into the hall/studio for each coaching session.
Outdoor sessions – Parents/Guardians should wait at the entrance of the pitch/track in a social distance queue and your coach will take participants onto the pitch/track.
The coach will also let you know a collection point for collecting your child which will adhere to the one way system operated within the venue.
3. Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the centre, please use this when entering and exiting the class.
4. We are following Sport Scotland ratio guidelines for each sport to ensure the safety of our members.
5. No spectators are allowed within any session.
6. Please do not bring anything with you into the session, for example, bags etc. Children can bring in a water bottle.
7. To allow our equipment and halls to be thoroughly cleaned between each class we are changing class times slightly;
1 hour classes will last 55 mins and 45 minute classes will now last 40 mins.
This will give us time to ensure all equipment is cleaned and sanitised for the next class coming in and to make sure all participants are safely picked up at the collection point.
8. Can all parents/guardians please arrive on time for the session, do not enter the class early.
For all further information on classes, please visit the sports and coaching section of our website where you can find specific details on all of our sports/programmes - https://www.nlleisure.co.uk
We can’t wait to welcome you all back to our classes,
The Sport Development Team
GENERAL VENUE SAFETY
We have been working extremely hard behind the scenes in anticipation for your return and have created some simple rules for everybody to stick to in order to make our venues a safe place for everyone from gym/class users and centre visitors to staff members.
- We have deep cleaned every venue in anticipation of your arrival
- We will deep clean every venue every day and during each day as much as possible every day
- We have reduced the equipment available for use to comply with social distancing
- We have introduced sanitiser stations and have added extra cleaning products to our venues
- We have implemented new booking systems (If you have any issues please email email@example.com)
- We will ensure all staff members will be wearing masks
- We have placed clear markings on our floors to assist with social distancing.
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Always clean your equipment and machines before and after use
- Always return your weights
- Keep 2 meters apart
- Do not come to the centre if you feel unwell or have any symptoms
- Book your time slot on our app
- Be mindful of other people and keep your workout short and sweet where possible
- Respect your neighbour and all staff
Thank you for your cooperation. We can't wait to see you soon.