Health & Fitness Update
The health and safety of our customers underlines everything we do. Our procedures are in place to eliminate or minimise health and safety risks from COVID-19 and as such, we are acting on advice from the Scottish Government and all UK Aquatics governing bodies to formulate detailed guidance based on the available information at this time.
You will be required to wear a face mask when entering our venues and you must keep your mask on until you reach your gym session or destination within the venue. In addition your mask must also be worn when leaving your session, when you are in any common or public areas and when you are leaving the venue.
Our Customer Contact Centre is now up and running.
The team can be reached on 01236 341969 and can help with any questions you may have. The operating hours are as follows:
Monday to Thursday - 8am - 7pm
Friday - 8am - 4pm
You can also email the team at any time - email@example.com
Our Measures and Procedures will be under constant review and be updated as advice from Government, Health Authorities and Governing Bodies evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions.
Culture & Leisure NL has adapted its procedures to ensure compliance with government restrictions and to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our users and staff.
As such, access to the gyms and fitness studios will now have to be pre-booked. Everyone must be prepaid and booked either as a C&LNL or ‘AccessNL’ Member.
To access our venues, all members MUST:
- Book and pay before attending their session. To assist the NHS Test and Trace service, all visits must be recorded.
- Arrive ‘gym ready’ in their workout clothes as no changing facilities will be available at this stage.
- Wear face masks out with the activity area in accordance with current Scottish Government Guidance.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Not arrive too early to try and reduce the number of people within the venue. Arrive 5 mins before session start time.
- Not congregate in the facility or car parks. Members will be encouraged to leave the facility soon after their session.
- Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please RESPECT our staff and all other users at all times.
These conditions are non-negotiable.
BOOKING YOUR GYM AND STUDIO SESSION:
Please check your local gym and studio timetable on the NL Leisure’s website/app for available programmed activities and session times. To comply with government guidance, we have had to change some of Studio and gym sessions, members can now book;
- 1-hour gym slots: All gym sessions will now be limited to 1 hour which will be required to be either pre-booked on the app or website 7 days in advance. Walk-in sessions will be available on the day but only if there is space within that specific session. Double sessions can be booked but members will be required to leave after one session and return at the beginning of the next. All members must swipe in at reception upon entry, access will not be permitted without checking in.
- Studio 1-hour sessions: 1-hour studio sessions will now consist of 45 minute teaching time with a 15 minute “clean down period “ each member will be responsible for the cleaning down of their equipment with the cleaning goods provided at each facility.
- Studio 45-minute sessions: 45-minute sessions will now consist of 30 minute teaching time with a 15 minute “clean down period” again each member will be responsible for the cleaning of their equipment with the cleaning goods provided at each facility
- Studio and gym close down periods: For the health and safety of all members and along with the purpose of track and trace, a 20 minute “close down period “ for gyms is now required after each booked session. This is to allow enhanced cleaning to take place, sanitisation to be implemented and also to allow members to exit and re-enter the building at separate times to avoid any congestion within communal areas. A 10 minute “close down period “ has been implemented to studio sessions again to allow all of the above.
- Personal Training Sessions: All personal training sessions must be pre-booked with the appropriate training, 24-hour notice is still required for any cancellation of appointments
- Nutrition Appointments: Nutrition appointments can still be booked through each venue at reception or by contacting our nutritionist direct. These appointments can still take place across our venues with new social distancing procedures being put in place
We recommend our app for quick and easy online bookings. If you don’t already have it, this is free to download by searching for ‘NL Leisure’ on your app store. Existing customers will need to have an e-mail address registered with us to set a password when they first log in.
If you have never registered your e-mail with us or do not receive a password reset e-mail you can update this by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and membership number (if known) or address requesting this to be added.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Enter via the Venues main entrance. Please note, exits may be different from the entrance.
- Arrive ‘gym ready’ in your workout clothing when you come into the centre. Only bring essential personal items as there will be no access to changing facilities at this stage.
- Arrival at the venue no more than 5 minutes prior to session time, if you arrive before this time please stay in your car.
- Indoor and Outdoor two-metre queue markers may be in operation.
- On arrival, please sanitise your hands and use the swipe-in system on our entry gates if available. All members must bring their membership key fob at all times. Front of house staff will be on hand to provide any assistance if required.
- The protection, safety and well-being of our staff is paramount therefore social distancing protocols must be observed AT ALL TIMES.
- We ask all customers to RESPECT all our frontline staff at all times
MAKING YOUR WAY TO THE GYM:
- At this stage the changing facilities will not be open and we ask that everyone comes to the facilities with their gym clothes on so they are ready for their work out. As soon as this changes we will update our channels.
- Upon finishing your session, please leave via the designated exit (this may be different to the entry) Please note at this stage there will not be any changing facilities.
DURING YOUR GYM SESSION:
- Please follow the venues specific directional signage and entry and exit points.
- Do not make physical contact with other participants.
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another member.
- Participants from the same household are not required to socially distance from each other but will be required to maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Please stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle with you, water fountains may be available but could be limited.
- Extra cleaning stations and products have been introduced, all members will be responsible for cleaning down each piece of equipment within the gym before and after use.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed and no “spotting “ will be allowed when exercising.
- Hand Sanitising stations have been installed within our gyms so that is easy to regularly clean your hands. We ask that you sanitise your hands when entering to keep yourself and others safe.
- Our Staff are fully trained in all of our new procedures and will be there to both ensure that our returning members feel safe in our new environments and to also ensure that members are following our new guidance and rules.
- As we want to keep all of our members safe we are restricting numbers within our gyms, to secure your slot we are encouraging all members to take advantage of booking 7 days in advance through the NL app, please ensure that any sessions which you are no longer able to attend are cancelled with the consideration of other members.
DURING YOUR GROUP FITNESS SESSIONS :
- Each of our fitness studios has been marked out with appropriate social distancing guidelines to create “workout zones “ for each member
- When arriving please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the class start time and avoid waiting in any communal areas within our venues
- Please always remain within the designated “workout zone “
- Before and after the class please ensure that any equipment required or used is appropriately cleaned with products provided
- Please use the hand sanitising stations at each reception before entering our studios
- All members must “check in” before entering the fitness class, access will not be permitted if attendance has not been recorded
- Each fitness class has now been given the appropriate time to leave the designated space, please ensure you exit the venue within this 10 minute close down period
- You may notice some changes to some of our fitness programmes, exercise adjustments have been considered to avoid any travelling throughout the classes, don’t worry you will still be able to maximise your workout with the alternative exercises prescribed by our group fitness instructors
AFTER YOUR SESSION:
- Upon finishing your session we ask that you please leave via the designated exit as quickly as possible (this may be different to the entry)
- We would ask you to help us maintain a safe environment by exiting the building via the one-way exit in a timely manner after your session.
- We appreciate participants may be keen to catch up with fellow members whilst we certainly would encourage you to do this, please be courteous to others and do so in a safe space outside the building.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
WHAT ARE THE GYM OPENING HOURS?
We have only made changes to some weekend opening hours, please check the website for full detail on opening hours for each venue.
CAN I JUST TURN UP FOR A GYM OR GROUP FITNESS SESSION?
Yes, provided that there is availability within your desired activity through requesting and checking in at reception you will be able to access. Please note that if it falls out with start time of the gym session you will only be able to access the gym for the remaining time on that slot
CAN I BOOK AND COMPLETE A PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION?
Yes, you can book your personal training session as normal with your designated trainer. All previously bought sessions have been noted and will be carried out upon your return. When carrying out sessions the PT must maintain the 2 metre distance from the client so there will be no spotting or manual correction of technique. All support will be done through verbal communication and demos from the appropriate distance.
WILL THE CHANGING ROOMS BE OPEN?
At this stage the changing rooms will not be open and we ask that you arrive at the facility with your gym clothes on. As soon as this changes we will update all of our channels.
CAN I STILL USE ALL EQUIPMENT WITHIN THE GYM?
Some equipment has been removed for the purpose of health and safety, this does include individual exercise mats for gym and studios. You can access our kit partners website to receive 25% off gym accessories using code NL25-ACCESS to purchase your own and bring along with you. Some other loose kit such as resistance bands and boxing gloves will also not be available on the gym floor.
Please note this discount is only valid for accessories such as mats and resistance bands and not for larger pieces of equipment.
Click here for the Origin Fitness Website
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE GYM?
Each gym slot will last 1 hour, after this hour you will be required to leave the venue. If there is availability in the next session you will be able to re-enter the venue at the appropriate time
ARE CLASSES STILL RUNNING?
Yes our classes are still running across our studios, there has been some adjustments made to allow for social distancing so please check the website for any changes to the timetables
HOW WILL YOU KEEP THE GYM CLEAN?
We have added in extra cleaning stations in each gym and studio where we expect all members to clean every piece of kit before and after use. We also have 20 minute “close down periods” between sessions to allow staff to carry out deep cleaning.
HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO SOCIALLY DISTANCE IN THE GYM?
We have set maximum capacity numbers across all of our venues to ensure you can work out with the space you need. We have also zoned off our functional and free weight spaced to allow appropriate social distancing as well as closing off or moving some kit to create 2m distances between. Lastly, we have introduced clear signage within our gyms to help members along with our team being on the floor available to help.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK IN THE GYM?
Based on the latest government guidance you currently do not need to wear a mask whilst exercising within the gym. We do ask however that masks are worn when moving elsewhere throughout our venues.
For any general enquires please call 01236 341969 or email email@example.com.
GENERAL VENUE SAFETY
We have been working extremely hard behind the scenes in anticipation for your return and have created some simple rules for everybody to stick to in order to make our venues a safe place for everyone from gym/class users and centre visitors to staff members.
- We have deep cleaned every venue in anticipation of your arrival
- We will deep clean every venue every day and during each day as much as possible every day
- We have reduced the equipment available for use to comply with social distancing
- We have introduced sanitiser stations and have added extra cleaning products to our venues
- We have implemented new booking systems (If you have any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We will ensure all staff members will be wearing masks
- We have placed clear markings on our floors to assist with social distancing.
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Always clean your equipment and machines before and after use
- Always return your weights
- Keep 2 meters apart
- Do not come to the centre if you feel unwell or have any symptoms
- Book your time slot on our app
- Be mindful of other people and keep your workout short and sweet where possible
- Respect your neighbour and all staff
Thank you for your cooperation. We can't wait to see you soon.