Customer Notice - We require all customers to book and sign up prior to attending any class. Details on 'How to book' can be found below.
Please read all important information on our classes here - https://www.nlleisure.co.uk/news/sport-development-update
Our Tennis Academy is for everyone from toddlers to adults. In partnership with Tennis Scotland and delivered by LTA qualified coaches, each session changes to allow every child to develop an understanding of the sport and build the ability to play every shot including forehand, backhand, volley and serve.
The classes run across four venues: Airdrie, Broadwood, Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility and Wishaw.
- Tots Tennis: 3 - 5 Years
- Mini Red Ball: 4 - 7 Years
- Mini Orange Ball: 8 - 9 Years
- Mini Green Ball: 9 - 10 Years
- Yellow Ball: 11 - 16 Years
- Additional Support Needs Class: Primary 1 - S6
- Adults Tennis Coaching also available, click here
Abilities: All levels and abilities
Skills Gained: Learn how to play tennis, the rules of the games as well as general skills such as technique, movement, balance, speed, and coordination.
- Tots Tennis: For children aged 3-5 years and introduced them to the basic skills in tennis such as balance, movement, coordination through fun tennis games and activities. Each child will use small rackets and sponge tennis balls.
- Mini Red Ball: It is played on small courts with short rackets and softballs. It’s just like the real game and gives players opportunities to have long rallies and play different types of shots.
- Mini Orange Ball: A great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Red. It is played with shorter rackets, softer balls and courts are bigger and wider than the red stage but still smaller than full-size tennis courts allowing players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics.
- Mini Green Ball: Mini Tennis Green is a great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Orange. It is played on a full-size tennis court, with bigger rackets and balls which are a little softer than yellow balls.
- Yellow Ball: Played on a full-size tennis court using full-size tennis rackets and full compression yellow tennis balls.
- ASN: This class is open to children who have additional support needs. Split into different age groups, the class looks to ensure that each child develops their tennis skills through fun and inclusive tennis drills and games.
What to Bring: A drink (water is recommended) as well as sports clothing: shorts, tracksuit, t-shirt, trainers. Rackets and balls are provided.
HOW TO BOOK!
All new and existing bookings are done by contacting the centre of your choice or alternatively go into the main reception. Classes cost £23.95 per month and the programme is delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
For more information contact Sports Development on 01236 341968 / email@example.com
Over 50's classes are £3.10 per session.
Included in your monthly fee
If you take out an Ultimate Sports Membership, or our standard sport specific membership, you will also receive the following great benefits:
- 50 Lessons annually
- Unlimited Swims in any NL Leisure Pools including the Time Capsule Waterpark in Coatbridge
- BMX Sessions at Broadwood, Cumbernauld and Ice Skating Sessions at the Time Capsule (please refer to timetable)
- OVER 11’S have unlimited access to NL Leisure Gyms
- OVER 12’S have unlimited access to Fitness Classes
- Unlimited Access to Kids NL Sessions and Off-peak use of Fundamentals soft play areas at Boadwood and Time Capsule
- Golf Season Ticket which includes unlimited use of both Palacerigg and Lochview courses