Swing into action with our fantastic new tennis membership in partnership with Cumbernauld Tennis Club at Broadwood launching on 1st April 2017. You will have unlimited access to the superb clay courts as well as lots of additional benefits.
Full details of the membership can be found here http://www.nlleisure.co.uk/additional-memberships/tennis-membership
Read on to find out about our great coaching classes that are delivered across North Lanarkshire.
Our Tennis Academy is for everyone from toddlers to adults. In partnership with Tennis Scotland and delivered by LTA qualified coaches, each session changes to allow every child to develop an understanding of the sport and build the ability to play every shot including forehand, backhand, volley and serve.
The classes run across four venues: Airdrie, Broadwood, Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility and Wishaw.
- Tots Tennis: 3 - 5 Years
- Mini Red Ball: 4 - 7 Years
- Mini Orange Ball: 8 - 9 Years
- Mini Green Ball: 9 - 10 Years
- Yellow Ball: 11 - 16 Years
- Additional Support Needs Class: Primary 1 - S6
Abilities: All levels and abilities
Skills Gained: Learn how to play tennis, the rules of the games as well as general skills such as technique, movement, balance, speed and co-ordination.
- Tots Tennis: For children aged 3-5 years and introduced them to the basic skills in tennis such as balance, movement, coordination through fun tennis games and activities. Each child will use small rackets and sponge tennis balls.
- Mini Red Ball: It is played on small courts with short rackets and soft balls. It’s just like the real game and gives players opportunities to have long rallies and play different types of shots.
- Mini Orange Ball: A great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Red. It is played with shorter rackets, softer balls and courts are bigger and wider than the red stage but still smaller than full-size tennis courts allowing players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics.
- Mini Green Ball: Mini Tennis Green is a great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Orange. It is played on a full size tennis court, with bigger rackets and balls which are a little softer than yellow balls.
- Yellow Ball: Played on a full size tennis courts using full size tennis rackets and full compression yellow tennis balls.
- ASN: This class is open to children who have additional support needs. Split into different age groups, the class looks to ensure that each child develops their tennis skills through fun and inclusive tennis drills and games.
What to Bring: A drink (water is recommended) as well as sports clothing: shorts, tracksuit, t-shirt, trainers. Rackets and balls are provided.
Bookings: All new and existing bookings are done by calling your preferred venue. Classes run in 8 week blocks which you can join at anytime. Classes cost £44 for the 8 weeks.
Airdrie Sports Centre
|Sunday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||9am - 10am|
|Sunday||Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years)||10am - 11am|
|Sunday||Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years)||11am - 12pm|
To book please contact Airdrie on 01236 341956
|Monday||Mini Red Ball (4-7 years)||4pm - 5pm||Sports Hall|
|Monday||Mini Orange Ball (8-9 years)||4pm - 5pm||Tennis Courts|
|Monday||Mini Green Ball (9-11 years)||5pm - 6pm||Tennis Courts|
|Monday||Adult Coaching (16 +)||6:30pm - 7:30pm||Tennis Courts|
|Wednesday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||4pm - 5pm||Sports Hall|
|Wednesday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||5pm - 6pm||Sports Hall|
|Wednesday||Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years)||6pm - 7pm||Tennis Courts|
|Wednesday||Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years)||7pm - 8pm||Tennis Courts|
|Wednesday||Yellow Ball (11-16 Years)||8pm - 9pm||Tennis Courts|
To book please contact Broadwood on 01236 341952
Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility
|Tuesday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||5pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||6pm - 7pm|
|Tuesday||Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years)||7pm - 8pm|
|Wednesday||Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years)||6pm - 7pm|
|Wednesday||Yellow Ball (11 - 16 Years)||7pm - 8pm|
|Wednesday||Adult Class||8pm - 9pm|
|Thursday||Tots Tennis (3 - 5 Years)||12pm - 12.45pm|
|Thursday||ASN||5pm - 6pm|
|Thursday||Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years)||6pm - 7pm|
|Thursday||Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years)||7pm - 8pm|
|Thursday||Adult Class||8pm - 9pm|
To book please contact Ravenscraig on 01698 640800
Wishaw Sports Centre
|Tuesday||Mini Red Ball (4 - 7 Years)||5pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||Mini Orange Ball (8 - 9 Years)||6pm - 7pm|
|Tuesday||Mini Green Ball (9 - 10 Years)||7pm - 8pm|
To book please contact Wishaw on 01698 640794
We offer lessons for adults ranging from absolute beginners to advance, for those who want to improve their game and play on a regular basis. The classes are structured in a way which enables you to improve your technique whilst still having the opportunity to play in regular matches, keep fit and have fun.
Sessions run on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 8-9pm on the indoor tennis court at Ravenscraig R.S.F. and cost £44 per 8 week block but you can join at any time.
For more info on any of the above classes contact firstname.lastname@example.org