We run an extensive Learn To Swim programme across many of our venues Aquatec, John Smith Pool, Kilsyth, Shotts, Sir Matt Busby, Time Capsule, Tryst and Wishaw.
Gain basic aquatic skills, co - ordination, stroke techniques and elementary skills as well as gaining confidence in the water. We offer classes for all swimming abilities.
- Swimming lessons are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Classes: Early years (includes Adult and baby- 0-12month, Adult and toddler – 12 to 24 months; Adult and child 24 to 36/48 months) – every day, pre-school classes (age 3 years old) – everyday;Level 1 classes (age 4 +) – every day ; Level 2 classes (age 4+)
- Adults – new class on Wednesday evening at 6.00pm
- Classes running 7 days a week
- Early years – Monday and Friday before 2.30 pm and sat and sun mornings; pre- school classes – every day
- All levels are included
- Adults classes – Thur 6.00pm (new); Friday 11.30am (new); sat 1.30pm (new), sun 8.45am
- Rookie class – sun 11.30 and 12.30
To book please call your preferred venue.
Adult & Baby Swimming Lessons
The aim of these classes is to introduce the adult and baby to a swimming environment and develop the confidence and skills of the adult to ensure the safe and effective handling of the baby in the water.
- The adult will have he range of skills and knowledge necessary to handle their baby confidently and safely in water
- The 'quality time' aspect will be a key element of the adult and baby aquatic experience
- Adult and baby will have experienced basic body positions and a range of movements in water
- Adult and baby will have developed water confidence and enjoyment in the aquatic environment
Adult & Child Swimming Lessons
The aim of these classes is to further develop the core aquatic skills through structured play and develop the independence necessary for the next level (without an adult in the water).
- The child will demonstrate independent movement and a range of core aquatic skills
- The child will have developed confident submersion and aquatic breathing
- The child will have been involved in interaction with other adults and children
- The child will be become more attentive to the teacher’s instruction and less reliant on adult support in preparation for the next level
Pre-School Swimming Lessons
The aim is to become water confident and develop core aquatic skills (without adult assistance but with buoyancy aids as required).
- Introduce complete non-swimmers to the aquatic environment and establish an understanding of safety in and around water
- Develop and progress water confidence
- Establish an understanding of basic core aquatic skills
- Encourage independent movement
- Develop skills through enjoyment, fun and self-discovery
Swim Skills 1
To further develop water confidence and develop core aquatic skills without aids.
- Develop confidence and ability to perform a wide range of core aquatic skills without buoyancy aids
- Develop the basic technique of the 4 strokes
- Introduce the basic technique of sculling
- Develop balance and buoyancy through a variety of activities
Swim Skills 2
To increase the competency of the core aquatic skills and develop basic stroke technique.
- Introduce and progress new core aquatic skills
- Develop stroke technique to include all 4 strokes
- Introduction to diving (pool permitting)
- Develop awareness and feel for the water through a variety of core aquatic skills
Swim Skills 3
Introduce more advanced stroke technique and achieve Triple S standard.
- Further develop competency in all four strokes
- Development of Diving
- Further develop Butterfly and Breaststroke aiming to achieve legal technique
Swim Skills 4
To improve the quality of stroke technique, introduce multi-aquatic skills/disciplines and basic lifesaving skills.
- To demonstrate competent technique in all four strokes
- Introduce lifesaving skills and basic aquatic discipline skills
- To provide basic skills to enable progression in to all aquatic disciplines including life saving
A newly structured class giving tasters in water polo, synchronised swimming, diving and rookie lifeguard.
Adult Swimming Lessons
Our adults programme is offered over 3 levels, starting from beginners for non swimmers and those new to the water, Intermediate for those wishing to develop more and advanced for those wishing to progress both in terms of distance and technique. All classes run for 45 minutes.
Please use the Venue Finder to locate your nearest NL Leisure swimming pool and contact them directly for swimming timetables and programmes.
Adult & Child Programme: £19.60 per month.
All classes are of 30 minutes duration with the programme delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
Learn To Swim Programme and Rookie Programme: £23.60 per month.
The programme is delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
Adult Learn To Swim (LTS) Programme: £25.65 per month or alternatively £18.80 per month for passport holders.
All classes are of 45 minutes duration with the programme delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
All fee's payable by Direct Debit.
Please note that a small set up charge of £10 will be applied when setting up your swimming lessons direct debit.