Athletics at NL Leisure has a place for you whether you're interested in keeping fit, training to become a coach or you're targeting a place on the podium.
Kids Athletics Classes
For the younger generation, we have Teeny Tots classes for 18 months to 5 years and Run Jump Throw for age 5-13 years. For more experienced youngsters, the North Lanarkshire Athletics Partnership brings together elite athletes from Cumbernauld Amateur Athletic Club, Airdrie Harriers, and Motherwell Athletics Club, providing them with additional training support on their quest to fulfill their potential. For full details click on your preferred class below:
Classes cost £23.35 per month and the programme is delivered over 50 weeks of the year.
To book onto any of the classes, please contact the sport centre of your choice.
For more information please contact Grant Shearer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in your monthly fee
If you take out an Ultimate Sports Membership, or our standard sport specific membership, you will also receive the following great benefits:
- 50 Lessons annually
- Unlimited Swims in any NL Leisure Pools including the Time Capsule Waterpark in Coatbridge
- BMX Sessions at Broadwood, Cumbernauld and Ice Skating Sessions at the Time Capsule (please refer to timetable)
- OVER 11’S have unlimited access to NL Leisure Gyms
- OVER 12’S have unlimited access to Fitness Classes
- Unlimited Access to Kids NL Sessions and Off-peak use of Fundamentals soft play areas at Boadwood and Time Capsule
- Golf Season Ticket which includes unlimited use of both Palacerigg and Lochview courses
|Tuesday||4.15-5pm||Teeny Tots||Age 3-5|
|Tuesday||5-6pm||Run Jump Throw||Age 5-7|
|Tuesday||6-7pm||Run Jump Throw||Age 7-10|
Booking Details: Book via Airdrie reception 01236 341956 or alternatively go into the main reception
Other Athletics Information
NL Open Graded Athletics Meetings
What is an open-graded athletics meeting?
Open Graded athletics meetings are an excellent opportunity for all athletes from U11 to Veteran to take part in an athletics event.
Open Graded meetings allow athletes of all levels and abilities to compete against others of the same standard. This is a fantastic opportunity for athletes to gauge their competition times/ distances in a variety of athletic disciplines, under competition rules.
Athletes have the opportunity to set personal best times, under UK Rules and a SAL permit, by qualified officials. You are not required to be part of a club to compete. All results are also submitted to Power of 10.
Officials pending all track events use the photo-finish equipment.
- The meetings are open to male and female athletes in age groups under 11 to veteran
- Athletes MUST be at least 9 years of age on the day of competition
- All entrants must be amateurs according to UK Athletics Rules for Competition
Does your child love sports? Then they'll love our new Ultimate Sports Membership.
Watch our latest video to find out more!