5 Reasons Why Your Child Should Learn To Swim!
5 Reasons every child should learn to swim…
At North Lanarkshire Leisure, we are extremely passionate about helping children to learn to swim. We work in partnership with Scottish Swimming to deliver the nationally recognised Learn to Swim framework for Swimming in Scotland, supporting children from their first splash to being competent and safe swimmers.
The reasons why your child should learn to swim are many and varied, however during a recent survey, 96% of our customers agreed that Swimming is an essential ‘Life Skill’ and 93% of customers said that Swimming Lessons should be a key part of every child’s education.
1. Swimming is an excellent life skill and can help keep you safe in the water, something which can be hugely important in later life.
2. Swimming is lots of fun for people of all ages and children especially love getting in the water and enjoying themselves. Learning to swim is a skill that once learnt is rarely forgotten and it is open to people of all ages.
3. Swimming provides loads of health benefits which can help to keep your children healthy and happy at the same time. Swimming keeps your child’s heart and lungs healthy, improves strength and flexibility, increases stamina and even improves balance and posture
4. Anyone at any age or ability can take part in Swimming Lessons. It provides challenges and rewards accomplishments, which helps you to become self-confident and believe in your abilities.
5. Children who can swim and are confident in the water can enjoy activities such as diving, lifeguard, synchronised swimming, sailing and canoeing, not to mention have more fun on holiday in the pool and sea.
Our Swimming Enrolment day takes place today (Saturday 24th February) join us between 10am - 3pm and our friendly team will find the class best suited to your child's needs!
To find out more about our excellent Learn to Swim programme, please click here.