Community Sports Hubs
Community Sports Hubs aim to increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport and physical activity in local communities across Scotland, and will be based in local facilities and the natural environment, bringing local people together and providing a home for local clubs and sports organisations.
They will also provide information, support and advice on a wide range of sports and physical activities to make it easier for local people to get involved and engage in a more active and healthier lifestyle. The specifics of each Hub and what it offers will vary according to local need and local resource. However all Hubs will work to the following five principles:
- Creating a more joined up approach to increasing participation
- Allowing individuals and communities to access the full benefits of sport and encourage sustainability by developing genuine community leadership and engagement
- Accessibility for all people within a local community and encouraging long life participation in sport and physical activity
- Offering a range of sporting activities and providing 'sign posting' for wider sports provision available, inclusive of those from under represented groups
- Developing the local sporting infrastructure, integrating the local authority, community planning partnerships, regional sporting partnerships, governing bodies and local clubs
For further information please contact either Graeme Clee or Ian Russell.